Monday, December 29, 2008

Don't know what you got till it's gone

Oh I know what I had, and it was beautiful. Shirley's brief absence at the Ranch was wonderful.

But it all changed when I walked in this evening. She wasn't here, but the heat was blasting. Set to turn off at 80 degrees. Eighty mother-flippin degrees! Really?! Really Shirley? We live in Southern California, not Iowa. Put on a goddamn sweater. I know you have one with Captain Hook, idiot. Just for a couple months, I would like it if our utility bills weren't out of control, numb nuts. I rather be using that money for a deposit on a new place.

God help you if you do laundry late tonight.

Sleep with one eye open.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daughter Dear, you are so funny! You obviously get your sense of humor from my side of the family.

Anonymous said...

nothing like dropping a deuce and doing a sake bomber after a hard day at the office